Your wedding reception entertainment is a large part of the overall wedding day experience! And having a live band has many perks over a DJ. Wedding bands provide a more unique and memorable experience. They can be much more interactive. And the overall feel is just more authentic (at least in my opinion.) Dallas has some of the best wedding bands and musicians in the country! So if you’re looking for live wedding bands in Dallas, this list will help you narrow down the perfect one for your dream wedding!
Though a live wedding band has a lot to offer over a DJ, picking one comes with it’s own set of questions to figure out. What genres can they play? How large is their song selection? Can they MC and create the energy for the dancefloor? Do they offer lighting? Will we have music playing during breaks? All of these questions were taken into consideration while creating this list. From hours of research and my own experience as a Dallas Wedding Photographer, I present to you the 7 Best Live Wedding Bands in Dallas.
1. Royal Dukes
Royal Dukes offers flexible options for all budget ranges. Whether you just need a 3 or 4-piece band for a small cocktail party or an 11-piece band for a larger more sophisticated wedding, Royal Dukes has an option fit for your wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. One of their unique perks is that they offer an online playlist planning system! This means you have an easy way to control your schedule of songs.
- Website: https://www.royaldukesband.com/
- Song Count: 110
- Genres: Top 40 + Contemporary, Motown, Funk, Soul, Classic Rock, Pop + Dance Throwbacks, Country, Latin
- Band Size: 3 to 14
- Contact: email@example.com
2. In10City Band
In10City (pronounced, “intensity”) has performed at over 2,000 wedding receptions, with almost 10 years of experience at the time of writing. As their name suggests, they specialize in creating a non-stop party on your dancefloor. These bands take shorter breaks so they can play longer sets to keep the dancefloor energy high. Is your song not on their list? In10City will learn up to 3 new songs just for you and your wedding day!
- Website: https://www.in10cityband.com
- Song Count: 120
- Genres: Contemporary, 80s & 90s Hits, Motown, Disco, Country, Rock, Instrumental
- Band Size: 5 to 30
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Emerald City Band
Emerald City Band is based in Dallas, but travels all over the country performing! Boasting 30 years of performing at weddings, Emerald City is one band you don’t want to skip on your search. Emerald City Band’s consistency, reputation, and longevity clearly stands out in the market of Dallas wedding bands. They consistently put in hours of rehearsals and practice so you don’t have to stress about a thing during your wedding reception!
- Website: https://emeraldcityband.com/
- Song Count: Over 200
- Genres: Contemporary, 70s, 80s, 90s, Disco, Funk, R&B, Motown, Country
- Band Size: 13
- Contact: email@example.com
4. SVK Band
In case you’re wondering, SVK Band stands for Sensational Sax, Variety of Vocalists, Killer Keys. SVK performs for weddings in band sizes that are flexible to fit the occasion. This allows a great deal of flexibility in accommodating different budgets, staging, and venue sizes.
- Website: https://www.svkband.com/
- Song Count: Over 350
- Genres: Motown, Funk, R&B, Soul, Top 40 Hits, Pop Classics, Classic Rock, 70s – 90s Classics, Country
- Band Size: Up to 11
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The Grooveline Dallas
The Grooveline Dallas provides customizable band options up to 11 pieces. The musical talent in The Grooveline has landed them performances for Tiger Woods, Shaquille O’Neal, Backstreet Boy Kevin Richardson, Jamie Foxx, Andre Agassi, Judge Judy Sheindlin, and more. So you know they will bring you a good show.
- Website: https://www.thegroovelinedallas.com/
- Song Count: ~400
- Genres: Pop, Rock, R&B, Jazz, Latin, Country, Motown, 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, Funk, Reggae, Swing, Blues
- Band Size: 8 to 11
- Contact: email@example.com
6. The Special Edition Band
One of The Special Edition Band’s most notable feats is their large variety of songs, musical styles, and genres their seasoned musicians can offer. With a song count over 500, and the ability to play nearly every genre, The Special Edition Band is definitely one you want to consider if you have a wide list of musical requests.
- Website: https://thespecialeditionband.com/
- Song Count: Over 500
- Genres: Pop, Dance, Soul, Motown, Funk, Rock, Blues, Country, Jazz, Light Rock, Ballads (for special dances), Swing
- Band Size: 9 to 11
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Cover Down Band
Cover Down Band aims to make your dream wedding a reality. By actively coordinating with you, your planner, and emceeing during your reception, you can ensure your evening goes smoothly. In addition, Cover Down provides all sound, and lighting, and offer both DJ & MC services. Have a custom song you want to include to the list? Cover Down’s got you covered.
- Website: https://www.coverdownband.com
- Song Count: Over 250
- Genres: Dance, Rock, Country, Jazz, Old School, Top 40, Contemporary
- Band Size: 7 to 9
- Contact: email@example.com
Still looking for your wedding photographer?
Be sure to read about my unique wedding process and experience, check out my portfolio, and if you like what you see, I’d be happy to get in contact to see if I’m a good fit, and available for your date!